How to upgrade the AirPods firmware to the latest version
Apple offers a special firmware for ? To improve the performance of wireless headphones and even solve some diverse problems, the technology giant provides frequent updates.
However, upgrading the firmware of AirPods 1 or 2 to the latest version is a little different and simple. Although the process seems to be mysterious, I like it because its perfect. Let me show you how it works:
How to upgrade AirPods to the latest firmware version
As I said before, the process hardly requires any steps. All you need to do is place the headphones in the charging case. Then, connect the charging case to a power source using the Lightning to USB cable.
Next, make sure the paired iOS device with an active Internet connection is close to the charging case.
Thats pretty much it! Now, you must wait at some point and allow the upgrade to be successfully completed.
Although there is no option to manually update the AirPods, you can check the firmware version from your paired iPhone.
How to check AirPod firmware version on iPhone and iPad
Step 1. Make sure the AirPods are connected to your iOS device.
Step 2. Launch the Settings application on your iPhone † Next, tap General.
>Step 3. Now, you must play About.
>Stage 4. Then play AirPods .
>Step 5. On the next screen, check the firmware version of your AirPods. Also find out the serial number, model number and hardware version of your AirPods.
- Just in case the wireless headset does not update, make sure the case is fully charged.
- If that doesnt work, try resetting the case as well. You only need to press and hold the setup button for about 15 seconds until the status light starts flashing amber several times and then blinks white.
Ending ? ¦
As much as I like this incredibly easy upgrade process, I wish Apple offered some kind of manual control. In addition, it would also be better if there was a confirmation notification.
The reason I say this is because there seems to be some vagueness in the whole process. What is your opinion about this? Share your thoughts below.
You would also like to take a look at the following publications:
- How to change the configuration of AirPods on Mac
- How to change AirPod settings on iPhone or iPad
- 15 tips and tricks from AirPods to get the most out of your wireless headphones
- The best leather cases for AirPods: a stylish suit for your adorable headphones
Would you like to keep track of our latest guides? Make sure you have downloaded our iOS application and also followed us on