How to activate Siri on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max or iPhone XR
Last year, with Apples iPhone X offering alongside the iconic Home button, iPhone users will now have to learn to live without it. In addition to being used as a Touch ID button, it was also used to activate Siri. Since it no longer exists, how will you activate Siri on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max, or iPhone XR?
Getting Siri into action on the iPhone X seies is made to be as simple as ever. The action is literally the same; its just the role assigned to another important button!
How to invoke Siri on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max or iPhone XR
There are a couple of ways you can activate Siri on your iPhone X series.
Activate Siri on iPhone using your voice
- To activate Siri using your voice, make sure you have configured Hey Siri on your device. If you have not done so, open Configuration Siri and Search † Listen to Siri and configure it.
- Once you have enabled it, simply say “Hello Siri” to have the virtual assistant appear.
Activate Siri using the side button
- To manually activate Siri on your iPhone X series, simply press and hold the side button for two or three seconds.
- To exit Siri, simply slide up from the bottom of the screen or simply press the side button to go to the home screen.
By moving the virtual assistant to the ON/OFF button, Apple has made the side button more functional and busier. In addition to activating the personal assistant, the power button is also used to allow you to sleep on your device, call emergency services, and even temporarily disable Touch ID. What do you think about this new change? Feel free to let your opinions be seen.
You may want to catch up with these publications as well:
- How to setup and use Face ID on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max or iPhone XR
- How to disable Face ID on iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max or iPhone XR
- How to reboot iPhone X, Xs, Xs Max or iPhone XR
Do you like this article?